For the first time freelancers, Upwork has some benefit that helps them stand out from the crowd. This help is Rising Talent Badge. The client sees you as a new freelancer and does not know if you are professional in your work area until you finish the first project. This badge helps you as a fast ticket to credibility. The badge is also an intermediate step between being a fresh freelancer and getting Top-Rated status on Upwork.
Requirements for this badge are:
- You must pass the Upwork Readiness Test
- Maintain 100% Upwork profile completeness with accurate information about your skills
- Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skillset
- You should have been active in the last 90 days or joined in the last 30 days
- Keep your availability status updated
- When you get your first project you should complete it on time and as promised to the client
- Adhere to Upwork’s Terms of Service
Some of the practical tips for getting this badge are:
- Do not price yourself too low
- Make sure that your profile is one category-focused by offering just one service
- When sending proposals, be selective, and send only to those job posts that match your knowledge and which you can successfully complete. Make meaningful and unique proposals. Write to potential client about how can you help them with a specific project task.
- Answer on time to clients or job interview invites. If you do not answer in a day that will affect your response time rate on the Upwork. Also, if you answer the job interview invitation in time, you will show that you are very interested in and efficient in communication.
- After getting the first contract, make sure to ask for all the necessary project details and communicate efficiently and on time
- After completing the job on time and professionally you will get feedback from the client. If you want to make sure that you will get feedback after that successful project, write to the client nicely that you will appreciate if they write good feedback.
Rising Talent Badge benefits are:
- You will be included in the premium talent pool and that means that you will be automatically shortlisted for the certain projects
- A one-time bonus of 30 free connects
- Reduced fees (10%) on “Featured Jobs”
- Access to chat and ticket support from a specialized customer support team
- The last but important is that this badge is the right path for the next Top-Rated freelancer status
After you get enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will be replaced with Job Success Score (JSS).